Roast Beef Recipe
1 lb(500g) boneless sirloin
2 tsp salt, or to taste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
1/2 tsp sesame oil
5-6 scallions, white parts only
1/4 tsp powdered hot red chili
1/4 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp ginger, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
1 tsp ground roasted sesame seed
3 tsp flour
2 cups (500ml) vegetable oil for shallow-frying
1. Wash the beef sirloin and cut into 2 by 1 by 1/8 inch(60mm by 30mm by 3mm) slices.
Marinate with salt,1 tsp of the soy sauce, the ginger, and the sesame oil for 10 min.
2. Cut the scallions in half crosswise, then quarter each lengthwise into four strips. Set aside.
3. Making a dipping sauce by mixing together the remaining 2 tsp soy sauce, the chili powder, vinegar, garlic and the sesame seed.
4. Beat the eggs. Add the flour and enough water to make a paste.
5. String the beef strips and scallions, alternating, on bamboo or metal skewers.
Coat with the egg paste.
6. Heat the oil in a pan to moderate hot, about 230F(110C).
Shallow-fry the beef on both sides until golden-brown.
Remove, drain, and serve with the sauce.
For more Healthy Beef Recipes, Pls subscribe our "Anna's Nature Regimen and Recipes Newsletter". It's not only about healthy chinese recipes, but it's more about healthy life style : Not sure? Take a look at an example of newsletter issue.