Healthy Recipe Newsletter 8th Month
Anna's Nature Regimen and Recipe Express
-- Keep your life close to the nature
China's five-thousand years of culture and history reserved precious regimen. I'm digging out and would like to share with you. So this website,including this e-zine is not only about Chinese recipes, it's more about healthy life style.
Visit our website: www.healthy-chinese-recipe.com
Table of Content:
In Chinese Lunar Calendar, autumn includes the 7th month, the 8th month and
the 9th month.
For autumn regimen, please visit : http://www.healthy-chinese-recipe.com/health-tip-autumn-regimen.html
The 8th month is from September 11th to October 10th.
In this month, some organs status:
(*) Here pungent foods are not simply mean the spicy and hot foods that we normally think .
Knowlege about food: All the food we eat has its own taste attribute:
Sweet: rice, beef,Chinese date,pumpkin,etc. Function: easy up.
Sour: small red bean, plum, leek(also spicy),haw,etc. Function: converge.
Pungent: glutinous millet, chicken, peach,shallot,etc. Function: dispel.
Bitter: wheat, mutton, almond, and swamp cabbage,etc. Function: dry and solidify.
Salty: soybean, pork meat,chestnut, leaf bean,etc. Function: soften.
In autumn, I often cook the following soup:
Pear and sugar crystal( or rock candy) with white fungus soup
3 cups of water
10 pieces of lotus seed
1 tbs sugar crystal
1 piece of pear
2 tbs white fungus(dry)
10 pieces of Chinese date
2 pieces of haw
1. a. clean the pear,peel,cut into very small pieces.
b. Clean lotus seed,white fungus,Chinese date,soak in warm water for 30mins.
2. Add 3 cups of water in a cooker. add lotus seed, white fungus, Chinese date,pear and sugar crystal,haw.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat. Continue to cook 40mins over medium-low heat.Serve.
Serving Method: Serving as drinks. A cup per serve. Drink soup and eat the stuff.
Flavor: Sweet and sour.
Beneficial Function: Moisten lung,create saliva, grow Yin,calm mind,benefit Qi.
White Fungus& Lotus Seed|Pear& Sugar Crystal | Chinese Date
a. Korean Appetite Salad
1/2 cup of carrot,cut into bite-size cubes
1 cup of radish
1/2 cup of celery
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic,mashed
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Cut carrot,radish,celery,peach(peel) into bite-size pieces.
2. Add carrot,radish,celery in a big bowl,add salt, stir, marinate for 1-2 hours.
3. After marinated,pour out oozed water. Add peach, sugar,vinegar,garlic and sesame oil,( or any other ingredients that you like to taste),stir well.
4. Place in refrigeratory for 30mins. Serve.
Serve as appetite or side dish.
Beneficial Function: Stimulate appetite,moisten lung,reduce blood pressure,remove fat.Suitable for those who are with hypertension,hyperlipidemia,obesity,and coronary heart disease.
b. Chicken with White Haricot Bean Salad
100g chicken breast meat
100g white haricot bean tin
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon rosemarry
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon shallot,cut into section
1/2 teaspoon rice wine
1. Clean chicken breast meat with hot water.
2. Place 3 cups of water in a cooker, add chicken,rosemarry, garlic,shallot,rice wine.
3. Cook the chicken over low heat for 40mins.
4. Add salt, cook additional 10mins over medium heat.
5. Let the chichen marinate in the soup for 2 hours(best is over night).
6. Cut chicken into bite size cubes.
7. Open the tin, leak out liquid,drain well,crush the bean.
8. Add chicken cubes and crushed bean in a salad plate,add salad sauce that you prefer,stir well, serve.
Serving Method: Serve as main dish at lunch. 80g per serve.
Beneficial Function: Remove left summer-heat and wet.
c.Braised Chicken with White Radish
250g chicken breast meat
300g white radish
1 tablespoon medlar
1 teaspoon tangerine peel
1 cup of chicken soup
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon rice wine
1 tablespoon garlic
1 teaspoon shallot
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Clean chicken, cut into 1cmx1cmx3cm strips.
Clean white radish,cut into 1cmx1cmx3cm strips.
2. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan,add chicken strips, stir fry until the meat turn to white color.
3. Add chicken soups,skim float foam. Add rice wine, shallot,garlic,tangerine peel.
4. Bring to a boil, add radish, stir well, simmer 5mins.
5. Add salt, stir,cook until radish thoroughly cooked. Mix cornstarch with water,add to the saucepan, stir well. serve. (if dry, add some soup or water).
Waterless Cookware Recipe:
1. Cut chicken into strips, marinate in salt and garlic for 5mins.
2. Spread the chicken strips in the pan evenly.About 5mins later when the chicken turns into brown color and stir without sticking, stir 2 times.
3. Add radish, chicken soup,rice wine, shallot, garlic, tangerine peel,cover.
4. When there is a whistle or steam comes from the cover, take out cover,add salt,add cornstarch mixed water,stir well. Serve.
For waterless cookware, pls check webpage: http://www.healthy-chinese-recipe.com/worldsfinest-waterless-cookware.html
Serving Method: Serve as main dish at lunch or dinner, 100g per serve.
Reinforce Qi(vital energy),remove phlegm and smooth Qi,relieve stagnation and remove fat.
d.Some Moistening Porridge.
I. Carrot Porridge:
Cut carrot into small pieces,add rice, water, cook for 40mins over medium heat.
Carrot porridge helps to cure lip dryness and split, eye dryness and acerbity,scurf increase.
II. Sesame Porridge:
50g sesame seeds. Stir fry until thoroughly cooked, mashed into powder. Add some to the rice porridge when serving.
Sesame has the function of moistening lung,nourish liver,smooth intestines and defecation. Adding to the rice porridge produce fragrance flavor, suitable for those who feel dryness at lung,cough,constipation.
III. Chrysanthemum Porridge
Boil chrysanthemum in water.
Strain off the soup.
Add the soup,water,rice in a cooker,cook 40mins,serve.
At the beginning of Autumn, we're easy to get dry-heat diseases. Chrysanthemum porridge helps to clear left summer-heat, ease irascibility,improve eyesight, suitable for those who get cold caused by hot wind,and those who are vexed, whose pharynx are dry,eyes are red and gall.
Last month is the hottest month in Shanghai. One night,it was already 11pm, my friend Shi called me. She said she was very uncomfortable at her heart,feel collapse. The same situation happened to me before. It was because I was hungry and tired. So I felt better after eating something.
Shi told me she didn't eat lunch and dinner,just drunk a cup of tea in the afternoon. I asked her to eat something. I asked her if she need me to send her to hospital. She said "don't need". One hour (12am) later, I called her, she said she got better. I asked her to call me if she needed my help.
She thought she has heart disease. She said to me before. But I don't agree. First, she didn't have heart disease in born. Second, she is only 30 years old. It's impossible for her to get heart disease at so young age.
The second day, She went to see doctor. The doctor installed some equipment on her body to check if she had heart disease. Two days later, the result came out. No heart disease at all!
Just like what I predicted, her problem is not at her heart. She is very thin and doesn't like to eat many foods. She often feels tired and is easy to loose stool. In Chinese traditional medicine, these symptoms belong to spleen deficiency.
Spleen is in charge of carrying and converting food,Qi. Spleen is also in charge of absorbing blood. If spleen is weak,the heart cannot get enough blood supply. The patient feels uncomfortable at heart.
In deep summer, spleen is weak. Those who suffered spleen deficiency will get worse. SO they should be more careful. Don't drink alcohole, heavy tea and coffee. Don't eat spicy food. My friend told me that she drun a cup of tea. That may be the direct reason causing her heart uncomfortable.
So those who are weak, or those who are blood deficiency should be careful. Maybe you are spleen deficiency, and so may cause heart uncomfortable.
If you like "Anna's Nature Regimen and Recipes Express", it's easy to subsribe. Just fill in the following form, then you'll start to receive precious monthly Chinese regimen and healthy chinese recipes.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.