This fried rice with mixed vegetables include shrimp, peas, corns, carrot, soybean sprout, Chinese leek, tomato. I also used Guangzhou dried sausage to add flavor. In restaurants fried rice doesn't contain many vegetables, but at home we can add as many as we like.
Preparation and cooking time: 30mins
1 small bowl steamed rice
1 egg, medium
4 to 5 chips of dried Guangzhou sausage (can be replaced by pork ground)
2 fresh shrimp, small
1/4 cup soybean sprout, boiled
1 tbsp mixed beans
a handful Chinese leek (about 4 to 5)
1 tbsp tomato, chopped
2 tbsp cooking oil
1/4 tsp salt
Marinade for shrimp
1/2 tsp rice wine
1 pinch salt
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp onions, chopped
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1. Clean shrimp, remove shell and vein. Cut into small sections. Marinate in Marinade Sauce.
Crack the egg in bowl, beat well.
Wash soybean sprout, boiled. Drain well.
Clean Chinese leek, cut into about 1cm long section.
Cut tomato into small cubes, same size of that of grains.
2. Chop onions and garlic.
3. Heat oil in a wok. Slip in egg, stir fry till solid.
4. Add shrimp, stir fry
Add Seasoning, stir fry
Add Guangzhou sausage, mixed beans, soybean sprout. Stir fry and mix well.
5. Add rice, stir fry evenly. Add salt. Stir fry 1 min.
6. Add Chinese leek and tomato cubes. Stir fry several times.
7. Turn off heat, serve in warm.
Add tomato and leek last and don't cook them too long time. This will keep their flavor.