Mandarin Fish with Fruit Recipe
1 whole mandarin fish, about 3.5ob(1500g)(or other whole freshwater fish such as perch,bass)
2 tsp scallions, chopped
2 tsp ginger, sliced
1 tsp rice wine
5 tsp salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp cornstarch dissoved in 2 tbsp water
8 tbsp dry cornstarch
4 tbsp ketchup
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
7 tsp sugar
5 fl oz (150ml) chicken stock
4 cups (1 litre) vegetable oil for deep-frying, uses about 5 oz(150ml)
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 oz (25g)pineapple, diced
1 oz (25g) carrot, diced
1. Prepare and wash the fish. Chop off the head and tail. Cut the fish in half along the spine and remove the spine and rib bones.
Make criss-cross scores on the flesh side and cut into 1.5inch(4cm) square pieces.
2. Mix together the scallions, ginger, rice wine, 4 tsp of the salt, the pepper,and the sesame oil,and rub on the sides of the fish.
Dip the fish pieces, head and tail into the dissolved cornstarch and dust with the dry cornstarch.
3. Mix the ketchup,Worcestershire sauce, 1tsp salt,sugar,sesame oil, chicken stock and 1 tsp of the dissolved cornflour into a sauce. Set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a wok to about 350F(180C).
Deep fry the fish head and tail for 2mins.Remove and place on the narrow sides of an oval fish dish.
Add the fish pieces to the oil and deep fry for 2mins,or until cooked. Romove,drain and place in the dish.
5. Heat 1 tsp oil in another wok until the oil surface ripples.
Add the garlic and 1 tbsp scallions and stir fry until fragrant.
Add the pineapple, green beans or pea pods,and carrot.
Add the sauce (the above 3) and bring to a boil.
Stir, when the sauce bubbles, pour it over the fish, and serve.
For more healthy fish Recipes, Pls subscribe our "Anna's Nature Regimen and Recipes Newsletter". It's not only about healthy chinese recipes, but it's more about healthy life style : Not sure? take a look at an example of newsletter issue.