Fish Ball Recipe - Lion Head
This fish ball recipe tastes soft,tender and smooth. The soup is fresh. It's the creative version of traditional Chinese food "Lion Head (Shi Zi Tou in Chinese)", which is made of pork. Click here for Pork Ball Recipe. As fish is healthier, lion head made of fish is welcomed.
When Obama visited in China in November 2009, this is one of the dishes treated Obama. Of course, they choose the precious wild fish Longsnout Catfish (in Chang Jiang River) as material.
400g fish meat, bone removed, clean
a few fish bone
10 bok choy
1 tablespoon ground pork
1 /2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon shallot, minced
1 tablespoon coriander,minced
1 teaspoon rice wine
1 egg white
1 tablespoon stock
1. Cook fish bone into soup (simmer at least 60mins). Boil bok choy.
2. Cut fish meat into small grain shape. Mix with seasoning A. Stir along the same direction till meat becomes strong and elastic.
3. Divide into 10 same size,roll and transport in hands into round shape.
4. Add water in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Turn off heat, place the above fish ball one by one. Turn on heat and keep water temperature at 80 centigrade. Simmer for 10-15mins.Turn off heat.
5. Place fish balls in 10 small bowls,add bok choy,pour in soup. Serve.
Beneficial Function: It keeps original flavor,easy to digest, suitable for children and senior people.Return from fish ball recipe back to healthy fish recipe homepage
Return from fish ball recipe back to Obama eat in China homepage
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.