Obesity is Chronic Disease
What is Obesity?
Obesity is not just eating too much, but a chronic disease.
People usually use BMI (Body Mass Index) to measure weight. Though it's not accurate,it's easy and convenient. Using below formula to calculate your BMI.
According to WHO(World Health Organization) in 1999,weight standard for European and other westerners is defined as the follows:
- BMI 18.5 to 24.9 is healthy weight.
- BMI 25 to 29.9 is overweight.
- BMI 30 to 34.9 is Class1 Obesity.
- BMI 35 to 39.9 is Class2 Obesity.
- BMI 40 or above is Class3 Obesity.
In 2000, WHO proposed a standard for Asian:
- BMI 23 to 24.9 is overweight.
- BMI 25 to 29.9 is Class1 Obesity.
- BMI 30 and the above is Class2 Obesity.
Return from Obesity is Chronic Disease to Obesity home page
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.