Job's Tears Soup and Small Red Bean Soup Recipe
Job's tears soup
This soup can be served in summer as drinks. It helps to clear away heat, regulate the spleen and soothe inflammation. Those who want to lose weight can take this soup as regular drinks.
1/2 cup Job's tears
10 cup water
1. Wash Job's tears till water is clear.
2. Boil water in a pot. Add in Job's tears. Bring to a boil again.
3. Turn to low heat, simmer for 50-60mins.
Drink soup and eat grains. You can add some honey for taste.
Tips: If you soak the Job's tears 2-3 hours in advance,it'll take shorter time to cook it. But I don't think it's necessary if you have enough time.
After boiling, you must turn to low heat, otherwise the water will evaporate very fast.
You can add more water if you want to drink more soup.
Job's Tears with Small Red Bean Soup (Porridge)
Small red bean is very effective for removing edema. It also helps to lose weight. When Job's tears and small red bean cook together it'll strengthen the food therapeutic functions.
1/3 cup Job's tears
1/4 cup small red bean
15 cup water
1. Wash Job's tears and small red bean.
2. Boil water in a pot. Add in Job's tears and small red bean.
3. Bring to a boil again, simmer for 50-60mins.
Job's Tears and White Gourd Soup
White gourd helps to remove dampness, clear away heat and detoxify our body. It's a good combination with Job's Tears.
1/3 cup Job's Tears
1 cup white gourd, cut into small cubes
10 cups of water
1. Soak Job's tears for 3-4 hours. Add in boiling water.
2. Turn to low heat. Continue to cook for 50mins or till the grains break.
3. Add white gourd cubes. Boiling for 15mins in medium heat.
Go back to Job's Tears homepage
From Job's Tears Soup back to Healthy-chinese-recipe.com homepage
Leave your comment
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!