Duck in Shanghai Sauce
Duck in Shanghai Sauce is Chinese cold dish. It is in strong sweet and soybean sauce, which is the feature of Traditional Shanghai dishes. The process is to marinate, simmer and coat sauce. The sauce is made of crystal sugar and the duck soup.
1 duck,small, about 500g,clean
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon crystal sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon rice wine
1 piece cinnamon bark
1 star aniseed
2 sections scallion
2 flakes ginger
4 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon clove
2 Chinese white olive,dried,(Qing Guo)
1 tablespoon liquorice
1. Rub salt on the surface of the duck, put in a freezer bag, place in the fridge for over night.
2. Add clean water and the duck in a stock pot, the water covers the duck. Bring to a boil.Boiling for 10mins. Take out the duck. Wash the duck with cold water. Pour out the water of the stock pot.
3. Put Seasoning A in the stock pot, add the duck and water. Water covers the duck.Bring to a boil. Turn to low heat. Simmer for 40-60mins or till duck meat cooked. Turn off heat, let it stay till cooled. Take out the duck,cut into small pieces and arrange on the plate. Leave the soup.
4. Prepare sauce: Add duck soup(from step 3) and crystal sugar in a sauce pan. Cook with low heat till sugar melt and the sauce becomes thick and dense.
5. Pour the sauce on the duck,serve.
Beneficial: Duck nourish Yin,helpful for those who are Yin deficient.Return from Duck in Shanghai Sauce recipe back to Obama eat in China homepage
Return from Duck in Shanghai Sauce back to Chinese duck hompage