Cassia, Mulberry, Poria Porridge
2g cassia(remove outside layer)
5g white mulberry root-bark
1. Soak cassia,poria,white mulberry root-bark in cold water for 30mins. Clean rice,soak in water for 30mins.
2. Add cassia,poria, white mulberry root-bark in a saucepan,add 100g water. Cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Continue to cook 30mins over low heat, or until the soup left one small bowl. Pour out the soup in a bowl. Leave the berbs in the saucepan.
3. Add additional 100g water in the saucepan,repeat the above 2. Pour soup to another bowl. Pour out herb dregs,clean saucepan.
4. Add 300g water in the saucepan, bring to a boil. Pour in the ahove herb soups in the saucepan,add rice.
5. Cook about 40mins over low heat. Let stay 10mins,cool a little, serve with warm.
Serving Method(5 servings)
Serving as main food at breakfast.
Beneficial Function: Dispel cold,remove stasis,relieve pain,defecation. Suitable for those who are with constipation caused by Yin-cold stagnation(pls check constipation treatment).
Note: cassia,poria,white mulberry root-bark are Chinese herbs,you can get them in an oriental drug store.
Return from Cassia, Mulberry, Poria Porridge to constipation homepage