Almond Tofu Recipe
Almond tofu, or almond jelly is famous Chinese dessert in summer. Since it looks like tofu,so we call it Tofu,but there is no tofu at all in it!
Actually it can be served at any time,any season. You'll feel very comfortable to serve it after a big meal during holidays.
Here is its recipe.
1 cup almond powder*
1 cup fresh milk
1/2 cup white sugar(add or reduce according to your own taste)
2 tablespoon jelly powder(pectin powder)
2 cup water
1. Add water in a cooker,add jelly powder(pour in while stir),bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile add almond powder,milk,sugar in another cooker. Bring to a boil.
3. Add the above 2(almond milk soup) in the above 1(still boiling).
4. Continue to cook 5mins. Turn off heat,pour in a big bowl.
5. Cool,put in the fridge for 2-3 hours, or until totally becomes solid.
6. Take out,cut into small cubes,add some fruit cubes,such as apple,pear,mango,pineapple,etc.If you like sweet tast,serve with honey,rose sugar,or sugar sweet-scented osmanthus,etc.
*Note: If you don't know where to buy almond powder,then you may make by yourself. Two methods: one is grinding into powder directly from almond(remove peel). Another method is,soak peeled almond in water,add in a juicer,making into almond juice.
Serve as dessert.
Beneficial Function: Almond tofu dessert can moisten lung, help to reliev a cough, good to our skin. Some experiments show that almond helps to reduce cholesterol, prevent coronary heart disease, defecation.
Return from Almond Tofu recipe back to Chinese Dessert homepage
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.