Celery Peanut Salad is a quick easy healthy Chinese vegetarian dish. Celery helps to remove heat in the liver while peanut protects the spleen and the stomach. It's a good snack or side dish for those who are with hypertension (high blood pressure). Actually it fits all most all people.
Peanuts have a unique fragrance after boiled. The refresh and crispy celery combining fragrant peanut makes you feel comfortable and satisfied.
Celery with Peanut Salad
Preparation and cooking time:
Cooking peanut: 40 to 60 minutes
Making Salad: 5 minutes
1 cup peanut, raw
100g Chinese celery
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 pinch salt
Sauce for celery
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp five-spice powder
1. Wash peanut, add in a pot. Add 3 cups of water in the pot.
Add salt and five-spice powder.
2. Bring to a boil, then turn to low heat. Simmer for 40 to 60mins,or till cooked.
3. Wash celery, boil water in a cooker.
Add in celery, take out when the color of celery changed. (about 2 to 3mins).
4. Cut boiled celery into very small sections.(about 0.5cm). Arrange in a plate.
5. Take 1/3 cup cooked peanut. Add on the celery section.
6. Mix with rice vinegar, sesame oil, and salt.
Sprinkle sesame seeds. Serve.
1. Boiling peanut takes long time. So you can boil a little more one time. Then serve in several meals.
2. If peanut is salty enough you don't need to add salt when making salad.
Go to other celery recipes
Go to other vegetarian recipes