Chinese Beef Meatball Soup is easy quick, healthy, and delicious. It's homemade food. You barely see it in restaurants (there are many fish ball soups in southern China). I'll tell you the secret to make perfect beef ball.
Busy moms love it. Buy ground beef from supermarket, add seasonings and sauce, and mix. It'll be done within a few minutes.
In this Beef Ball Soup, I added daikon radish which helps to regulate stomach and spleen and boost metabolism.
Good meatball should be chewy, elastic, and not scattered. I watched a Hongkong film before. You would know how to make meatball elastic if you watch this film. The film tells the story of a restaurant which sold meatball. The restaurant was famous for its elastic meatball. The meatballs can jump to as high as 10 meters. But his son despised restaurant work. He didn't learn his father' secret recipe. After the founder died. The restaurant's business was done. He felt regret and began to study how to make elastic meatball. One day he employed a new assistant. The assistant stroke the ground beef by his fist. Because he had Kongfu. His fists were more powerful than any others. Thus the meatballs were very sticky and elastic. The owner was cheerful as he could continue his father's business.
So you know now, to make good meatball you should hit and strike the ground beef. Spoil its current tissues and then reconstruct to become sticky.
Beef Meatball Soup with Radish Strips Recipe
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
200g ground beef (for 20 beef ball)
1 or 2 mushroom, soaked
1 tbsp coriander (option)
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbs soy sauce
1/8 tsp salt
Sauce and Seasoning
1 tbsp rice wine
1 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ginger
1 tbsp onions
1 tsp five-spice
1 tsp cornstarch
1. Strike the ground beef by using one end of a rolling pin. Then put it in a bowl. Add one egg. Stir till it becomes sticky, strong and together.
Add in Sauce and Seasoning. stir evenly. Add cornstarch at last, mix well. Place in a fridge.
2. Cut radish into strips. Better by using machine.
3. Take one flat tablespoon meat. Put in a palm. Throw to another palm(to make it elastic). Roll into a ball. Repeat. You can make 20 meat ball. Arrange in a plate.
4. Heat the water in a pot to about 60-70 centigrade, or almost boiled. Turn off heat.
Place 20 beef meatballs to the warm water one by one.
5. Bring to a boil. Skim.
Add radish strips and mushroom,1/8 tsp salt and 1 tsp soy sauce. Boil for 10mins or till done.
Sprinkle sesame oil and coriander(option).
You can add a few carrot strips and bell pepper strips for color.
6. Spoon into a serving bowl, serve.
1. To strike the beef ground can make the meatball more elastic.
2. You must stir the ground meat till very strong, sticky together, not scattered. Otherwise the meat ball will be scattered when you cook.
3. Turn off heat, put the meatball together in hot water. Otherwise, if the heat is on, the previous beef balls are cooked while the later balls are raw.
Go to other Chinese Beef Recipes
Go to other Chinese Soup Recipes