Green Bean Stewed with Potato is healthy Chinese recipe, one of plant-based recipes, a popular homemade Chinese vegetable dish.
Benefit of this dish: Green bean regulates qi, act on the kidney.
Green bean Stewed with potato
Prep time: 5mins
Cook time: 30-40mins
Serve: 2-3 persons
250g green bean
2 potatoes, medium,
1 teaspoon onions, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine
2 tablespoon cooking oil
1. wash green bean, remove veins.
Peel potatoes, cut into bite size pieces.
2. heat oil in a wok. Stir in Seasoning till fragrance comes out(2-3seconds)
3. Add potato cubes, stir fry a few seconds.
Add green bean. Stir fry.
4. Add rice wine and dark soy sauce. Mix and stir fry well.
Add a tablespoon plain water. Simmer for 10mins.
Add 1 or 2 tablespoon plain water if dry.
Continue to simmer till potato totally cooked
5. Turn off heat. Serve with steamed rice or bread
Tips: Only when potato fully cooked the dish is delicious. This is very popular dish from north of China
Function of green beans: Tonic the kidney, regulate qi.Go for more plant based recipes